Da Bears took us on a fun run, but they could not close the deal. Congrats to the Colts, Tony Dungy, and Peyton Manning for playing a smart, physical, and gutsy game. Exactly the kind of game I was expecting the Bears to play. We were out-coached and out-played.
Time for a little house cleaning, time to store away the Bears logos, and clear up some of the clutter that has accumulated over the last two weeks. Time to get DWSUWF back on the political track.
Carnivale Notes & Call for SubmissionsThe Carnival of Divided Government is now on a monthly schedule. The next edition will be the Carnival of Divided Government DECIMUS - Special Presidents' Day Edition, to be posted in less than two weeks on Monday, February 19. Submit your blog article for the carnival of divided government using our carnival submission form. Past posts can be found on our blog carnival index page. Be advised that in this edition (as in all of the CODGOV series) we select volunteers and draftees from the blogosphere and mainstream media on the singular topic of government divided between the major parties. Use of the words "divided government" in submitted posts virtually guarantees inclusion in the carnival. Absence of those same words virtually guarantees exclusion from the carnival. That is, after all, what the Carnival is about.
In our Super Bowl induced mental fog, we have been remiss in acknowledging a fine selection of Blog Carnivals including:
- The Carnival of the Insanities posted at Dr. Sanity;
- Economics and Social Policy Blog Carnival XXXII posted at The Boring Made Dull, where McKee has a few things to say about Superbowl game and commercials;
- Carnival of the Liberals #31,posted at Blue Steel's Pollyticks.com with a fine collection of political thought amid a carnival where DWSUWF is sometimes considered to of a liberal persuasion and sometimes is not;
- The Writer's Block Carnival at The Writer's Block;
- Venomous Kate at Electic Venom Carnival of Snark #26 continues to bravely blog through the pox;
- The Virginia Blog Carnival #29 hosted at Southwest by Southeast where DWSUWF may now qualify for honorary Virgina Citizenship;
- Carnival of Satire (#63) posted at Mark Rayner's "explosive" weblog "The Skwib" and;
- The brand spanking new Carnival of Election 2008 #1 hosted at Obamalicious (hmmm - I wonder who he is supporting).
Check 'em out. Good stuff.
Finally, we apparently will not be able to avoid the migration to "New Blogger" much longer. It may happen this week. I have no confidence that this will go well. Pray for us.